Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Finding the Time for Health

Finding the Time for Health 




Shagra Stone was like many of us - she understood the importance of maintaining good health but often found herself too busy to take time for herself and her health. Now, with help from CrossFit KMC, Shagra is feeling healthy, inside and out.

Could you share a bit about your health journey?

Having a degree in kinesiology, I know the benefits of exercise, not only physically but mentally and emotionally.
I have a full-time job outside the home, but I am also a mom to a soon-to-be 5-year-old. For a while, I struggled to carve time out of my day to work out, even with a gym in our basement. I got caught in a cycle of turning my alarm off in the morning because I was too tired and was too exhausted after work.
Luckily and thankfully, KMC CrossFit opened, where I can work out to become mentally and physically stronger.

Have your ideas of health and wellness changed at all?

No, but my feelings towards health and wellness have been reaffirmed.

How has Kirby helped you with your health goals?

For one, I am in the best physical shape since I don't know when. I love getting back to the gym - it is my second home. Since joining, it has not only helped me decrease my waist size and gain muscle but has also helped me emotionally and mentally.

What would you say to others who are interested in getting involved?

Do it. Kirby is an encouraging atmosphere, where we all are "in it" together. There is no judgement. We all try our best, and then we push ourselves to try harder. Not being a local to the area, let alone the state, I am grateful to be part of a community that treats me like family.

Any other words of wisdom for us?


Thank you for the support you have shown my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment