Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thankful for Scholarship Opportunities

From Kirby's Quarterly E-Newsletter (Fall 2015):

Beginning in 1974, the Kirby Auxiliary has provided annual Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarships to deserving students in Piatt County who are pursuing higher education in a medical field. Congratulations to this year’s recipients – we believe in you and your future success and are thankful for your hard work and dedication to helping others!

The 2016 scholarship application will be available on our website starting February 1, 2016.


“I appreciate the scholarship and am excited to graduate as an RN and continue on with my BSN from an Illinois University.”

Allyssa Brewer
Nursing Student at Parkland College

“Thank you, Thomas Dixon Memorial, for this generous scholarship, and congratulations to all of the other participants!”

Blake Doane
Physical Therapy Student at Concordia University

“Thank you, Kirby Auxiliary!”

Carolyn Rigsby
Doctorate of Nursing Practice-Nurse Anesthesia Student at Millikin University

“The Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship is a big help, and I appreciate the support.”

Carter Ness
Physical Therapy Student at Harding University

“The Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship helps tremendously, and I appreciate the support.”

Chloe Nayonis
Nursing Student at Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis

“Thank you, Kirby Auxiliary, for awarding me with the Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship.”

Emily Smith
Physical Therapy Graduate Student at the University of Indianapolis

“I could not be more grateful to the Kirby Medical Center and Kirby Auxiliary for this amazing honor. Thank you!”

Emily Wells
Community Health Student at the University of Illinois

“I look forward to serving and helping others when I graduate. Thank you, Kirby Auxiliary.”

Lisa Stanek
Nursing Student at Parkland College

“I received assistance for both of my nursing degrees and now this year through the Thomas Dixon Memorial Scholarship, for which I am very grateful.”

Matt Brewer
Doctorate of Medicine Student at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine

“Thank you, Kirby Medical Center, for supporting me this school year.”

Molly Lawler
Nursing Student at Illinois State University

“I am thankful for the Thomas Dixon Memorial scholarship.”

Saylor Bower
Biomedical Engineering Student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology

“Receiving this scholarship has motivated me and given me the confidence I need to complete my journey to the medical field.”

Anna Hendrix
Physiology/Pre-med Student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale

“With the scholarship’s financial help, I will be able to get to where I want to be and become the doctor I’ve always dreamed of becoming.”

Alyssa Hendrix
Physiology/Pre-med Student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale

“I am thankful for the Kirby scholarship because it allows me to get my BSN without going into debt and worrying about paying off loans after college.”

Elizabeth Nisly-Nagele
Nursing Student at Millikin University



No comments:

Post a Comment